After an eon of fighting the code, I managed to get this to build. It’s been since December 23, 2014 that the PPAs have needed updating, and it turns out I made a failure during updates which caused things to not build. That’s resolved, so now it’s updated.
The NGINX Mainline PPAs are now updated with NGINX 1.7.9. The
nginx-cache-purge modules were updated in order to address build failures. The remaining set of packaging remains the same.
Below are the changes which come with NGINX 1.7.9 (from the upstream NGINX changelog):
Changes with nginx 1.7.9 23 Dec 2014 *) Feature: variables support in the "proxy_cache", "fastcgi_cache", "scgi_cache", and "uwsgi_cache" directives. *) Feature: variables support in the "expires" directive. *) Feature: loading of secret keys from hardware tokens with OpenSSL engines. Thanks to Dmitrii Pichulin. *) Feature: the "autoindex_format" directive. *) Bugfix: cache revalidation is now only used for responses with 200 and 206 status codes. Thanks to Piotr Sikora. *) Bugfix: the "TE" client request header line was passed to backends while proxying. *) Bugfix: the "proxy_pass", "fastcgi_pass", "scgi_pass", and "uwsgi_pass" directives might not work correctly inside the "if" and "limit_except" blocks. *) Bugfix: the "proxy_store" directive with the "on" parameter was ignored if the "proxy_store" directive with an explicitly specified file path was used on a previous level. *) Bugfix: nginx could not be built with BoringSSL. Thanks to Lukas Tribus.